Skip to main content

The doll house

I have been following this thread on Den of Angels about doll housing to get ideas for a more official dwelling for my kids.

I love the Christmas lights around the box.

A comfy, cozy sleep place.

Gives me warm fuzzy feelings about being a kid and having my own room. And I like the simplicity.

This is tight, and I love the message board.

This one is crazy, yet fascinating.

Sweet, charming, also a nice feeling of space.

This room is the most amazing of them all.

Melts my heart with doilies.

Plants and things on windowsill.

Pretty, girly.

My best idea so far is to go with my original wall shelves. Ophelia and Shelley can share the large one, and Johnny can have the small one. The small one is too high up. It needs to be moved lower than the large one, so that they are still staggered. Below will be the strawberry bed, when it's finished. I think it would be cute to have a little ladder by the shelves for the kids to go up and down.

It would allow for a sense of space and light. It would be uncluttered and also would not take up precious floor space. How I wish we had the floor space to spend, and that I had a window on which I could set up house. I would turn my photo cube into a gauzy tent and leave it out all the time. I also wish I could have little plants and a "rooftop" garden. I still can't find a way to put in lighting, either.

For now, I will dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.