Skip to main content

Bonnie the Beautiful Bride, a 1950's-1960's vinyl jointed doll from the Deluxe Reading Company

View my eBay listing here.

Bonnie the Beautiful Bride is a 25" vinyl doll from the Deluxe Reading Company produced between the 1950's-1960's. I bought her secondhand a year ago, and she has since been displayed in my non-smoking home in a display case. I have pet cats and birds, but they have only been in the general vicinity of this doll.

Bonnie_001

Bonnie wears an exquisite vintage bridal ensemble in ivory lace and tulle over a hoopskirt and panties. Her "fingerless" gloves, veil and bouquet are of the same lace and ivory color as her gown.

Bonnie_007  

Bonnie has strawberry-blonde rooted hair and green eyes which open and close. Her arm and leg joints move but are slightly stiff with age.

Bonnie_004   
Bonnie and her ensemble are in flawless vintage condition as far as I can tell. She comes with gown, hoopskirt and matching veil, bouquet and gloves, panties and plastic high-heel sandals. She will come in her original box, which is not in mint condition, but worn with age and marked with black ink in places by a prior owner.

Box_002 
Bonnie the Beautiful Bride will be mailed through USPS with all items mentioned. Shipping will be with delivery confirmation and insurance where available. I will not submit a partial refund for this doll under any conditions. Any damage incurred during shipment must be settled with the USPS. Actual shipping by parcel post can be calculated from the USPS home page. The item has a weight of approximately 3 lbs. My zip code is 76140.

Box_001

I will be listing other bride dolls from the Ashton Drake Galleries and Franklin Mint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.