Skip to main content

Victorian's profile

My companion's age: 20's

My companion's bio:

Victorian was left much to himself in his childhood. He lived in a vast but near-empty white, dilapidated mansion in the wilderness. As a child he was sensitive to the feelings of others, especially to sorrow and unresolved issues. He devoted himself to studying and sensitizing himself to the unseen inhabitants of his dilapidated home. On warm afternoons he listened to footsteps mingle with leaves sliding across the floors of the unkept upper rooms. He sensed and came to know companions he never saw or heard. He knew their sorrows and why they wandered restlessly. He connected with them more intimately through antiquated objects in the mansion he found, objects that had belonged to them. He accumulated these objects to channel the feelings of his unseen companions and bring them solace.

As a result of his strange play, Victorian was a solemn boy. He had no mother or father of whom anyone knew. When he became older he decided to pursue the stories of his unseen companions with greater energy, to find traces of them outside of the isolated mansion.

This led to a long journey through the wilderness. Victorian travels in tattered elegance. His possessions belong to a bygone era. He keeps to old traditions, but there is humility in the age and wear of his clothing and possessions.

My companion's likes and dislikes:

Likes tea, tea time and established meals, appropriately outfitted with tablecloth and utensils, very old mirrors, bronze objects, antiquated patterns, especially wallpaper, silence, moments of contemplation and inwardness.

Dislikes rudeness, greed, falseness, elimination of old ways, callousness and lack of appreciation for those who have come before.

My companion's style, favorite types of clothes/toys: Victorian/1970's-styled clothing, objects of natural material like wood or cotton, or of antiquated material like iron or bakelite, kitchen furniture and implements, fine toiletries and cologne.

My companion's personality: Gentle and accepting, affirming, non-judgmental, somewhat particular in his habits and singular in his mind, preferring solitude or one companion at a time.

We live in: Texas, United States

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.