Skip to main content

Lady Lovelylocks

I was looking through a box of dolls in an antique store in Jefferson when I found this tiny doll, wearing only a pair of handmade jeans, with a familiar rainbow streak in her hair.

I have been looking for this doll for a long time. I was calm, but I started rummaging faster, hoping to find her dress. Did find it. I was so excited.

2010 2010-04-17 062 

Her hair was a wreck and her face was dirty. She had been in a box of wretched bargain dolls and required some fixing up. Glorious with triumph, we went to the drug store down the street. Nathan got a soda and a toothbrush; I got a fine-toothed comb for Lady Lovelylocks. We went back to the hotel room and I spent hours savoringly fixing her up.

2010 2010-04-17 063 

Her hair is so incredibly soft. There is only one other doll I remember with hair this pillowy, and that is Barbie of the Sensations. (She is on my list!)

2010 2010-04-17 066

I had it tied down in the pictures, but have since unbound it, and it looks wonderful, has acquired a little natural curl but no frizz.

One of her Pixietail "handlebars" was cracked and falling apart, so I trimmed it off.

She needs Pixietails and shoes.

Comments

yuis said…
How sweet that you found her! Oh, how wonderful for you. What a thrill to be able to clean her up and refurbish her back to new. She is really cute... what are "pixietails?" -- Miss Gladys
Amanda said…
Thanks! I was so excited. Pixietails are little plastic colored animals with tails with colored hair; i.e. bunnies or birds with blue or pink hair. They come as clips that you pin in her hair and on her dress. She has Maiden friends that come with their own pixie tails too...

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.