Skip to main content

Lost in time

lam5

I have not been spending much time on my computer at all lately . not even to write my story. I have been preoccupied with studying fashions of times past, and unfortunately I have no boundaries and no particular preference.

Well, that's not true. The fashions from the 1840's must be my favorite, because they sort of make me grow still and stare with awe. They are not much studied, very early Victorian and post-Regency - but the hairstyles are what I love so much. That and I associate this look with Mary Shelley and many early Romantics; in fact, it is commonly called "the Romantic look."

So when online I have been collecting fashion plates and information . that is it. I have not been writing my story or even buying things from eBay really.

I think this particular fashion plate is immensely stylish. The woman in the white lace waist and green skirt . well, I am going to have that outfit. I adore the look of these women. It makes me think of things like small doses of cyanide to achieve this pallor. And this was the beginning of the Victorian tight-lacing . I still marvel at Scarlet's seventeen inch waist.

And no, I am not being sarcastic. These dark fantasies of fashion are part of my dream-life-lost, and I don't apologize for it in this journal. This is my own place where I speak of my own dreams and desires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.