Skip to main content

I don't want to go / I want to go

I don't want to go out anymore. 

I don't want to go out beyond the perimeter of this property.

I just want to absorb the nature of this place.

I have seen so much, and I just want to reflect.

If I stay here long enough and think through and remember, I'll be able to unravel this tangle of places and people I've encountered over the years, and put everything in order.

I'll have a complete understanding of all I've seen and done, then, if I could just take enough time here, and don't see anything else for a while. 

I only want to go out to local places, because now, I have learned that the soil seethes with history, and that stones radiate stories.

I have learned how to read history in the trees, soil, and stones, and I only want to go out to local places and read those stories, and experience the past overlaying the present.

In those moments, the curtain between the past and the present vanishes.

Nothing ever ends.

It carries on in the places around us.

I want to take the time to learn the local stories.

I want to go far-- really far.

I yearn to see the nightscapes.

The frightening nightscape spread beneath me.

I long to feel my body traveling.

I want to see so much-- comb over the whole world.

But I can't. Many factors add up so that I must stay here, and somehow...

...this flaming desire in me, the fact that I burn to see the world, is a comfort to me.

Comments

Xanadu said…
I really love these photos Amanda, I think you have captured her thoughtfulness perfectly.
Big hugs,
X
Amanda said…
Thanks so much for your kind words!

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.