Skip to main content

eBay woes

I feel so down this weekend. I am depressed because my efforts to sell on eBay lately have been really unsuccessful. Half, literally, of the time the bidder doesn't pay, and it seems like half of the items I have mailed have gotten lost. I have actually lost money so far in my efforts to sell on eBay.

I haven't succeeded in raising the money to pay for my doll, Bete. If I had known it would be this difficult, I wouldn't have bought him. It wasn't the time to make a big purchase.

If I could have sold my American Girl Julie, the payment would have replenished half his cost. My heart sank when I saw that the winner just had a name made of random letters and numbers, with zero feedback.Going through the non-paying bidder procedure is time-consuming, and often the next-up bidder isn't interested in the item at that point. Yet nothing happens to deter the non-paying bidder. I'm so disappointed in how eBay has changed. I have always tried to be a conscientious seller and buyer, but others don't. One person left me a negative feedback before receiving her item, before the waiting time for the item was ended.

Anyway, I've been playing around with my Tonner Alice Cullen, getting new ideas for her. I'd like to get a long, curling, burgundy wig for her and name her "Rose." She and Bete would be the Beast and his Rose, as though she is the personification of the rose in the original fairy tale. I put a long wig on her to try out the look, but it wasn't attractive. I can't wait to have her intended wig and throw out this one, then make her some Gothic Beauty-inspired fashions. All of my dolls need shoes for Christmas-- both my BJD's and my Tonner dolls. Leslie has worn the same pair of boots for years now, while Josette remains barefoot. Edward and Bella are also barefoot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro...

It was 1846.

"The wind was hard and fast, howling against the immovable keep. Within lights glowed. Like beacons the panes of illuminated glass dazzled my eyes, so cold I thought surely they had frozen open. I knew not myself. I knew not my hands, which hung as exanimate wraiths from my arms. My clothes, dull rags, twisted around me, and it seemed they made no difference against the ice and the wind. I felt myself drawn into the warmth of the keep. I was past gratitude-nay, not past-but I knew that I had been reduced to a bestial state. I was too ashamed of myself and my imposition to look my benefactor in the face."   It was thus that we found "Caroline." I saw her in the St. Vincent de Paul resale shop and was captivated by her forlorn looks. I gathered her limp body in my arms, and Leslie and I brought her home. In the sewing room I removed her wig, dismantled her limbs, and after eyeing her stuffing decided to discard it along with the wig. I took her body pieces ap...

Paper doll copying, digital editing project