Skip to main content

The Editor


"What do we have here?" Shelley put on his gold-rimmed glasses and started leafing through my notes.

"Well, I'm typing up some old notes from my novel A Raven for a Lark. I'm thinking of revising it."

"I haven't read that one yet," he said, scanning my outline with interest. "What's it about? Let me guess. Romance, plantations, scandal. And a duel."

"No, there's no duel, but there's a scoundrel."

Shelley looked up with interest. "Tell me more."


"His name's Hennessy. That's right. It was what I was going to name you. However, I decided against it, because I didn't want to associate you with a specific fictional character. Well, at the end of the story, Hennessy kidnaps Jenny and carries her to her childhood home. He sets it on fire, but Jenny escapes. Hennessy dies in the end."

"Or so it seems, right?" Shelley's green eyes peered at me over his gold lenses.

"Exactly. " I smiled with amusement. "Will you continue holding my pages down while I type? The wind is picking up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.