Skip to main content

Fairy tales

I wonder if I will ever do what I would like to do.

I have three porcelain maidens, fairer than any doll I have seen, undressed, re-wigged and waiting for their fairy tale garb. One of them is Swanhilde, the Snow White. Another, Katharine, the Cinderella, and the third is Isabeau, the Beauty in the Beast's castle. I have had such fantasies about them and their clothes, but I have not had time to sew anything for them.

In the house we might have there is a large building full of rusted junk. I relish the chance to make something of it. Finally I would be able to make my recycled doll house, and all kinds of things.

For now the time I might give to dolls is all taken up, and any money I might spend on them profoundly out of the question. When I think of how fortunate I was to find and purchase Fanchon, my only ball-jointed doll, so cheaply, and before a time when I can do no spending at all. I don't know when I will be able to finish repairing her. Work has been so busy, and my evenings have been taken up with conversation and correspondence about the house.

At least Paloma is with me, and in top form to be loved and appreciated. I appreciate ever more her artistry and expression. If I have this place, I will make a water lily garden, and that will be her favorite place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.