Skip to main content

Beast, and scaling down so I can scale up

Nathan has had bad allergies lately. Yesterday we went to Coffee Haus and sat outside for about an hour. It was absolutely blissful, but he was affected by the time we got home and went to bed immediately, leaving me to roam around boredly in the dawn of my weekend-days.

I did some thinking of what to do next for Fanchon. I haven't done any more photos for her, because I have wanted to give her a gothic look, and I haven't known quite what I wanted to do. I read through Gothic Beauty, then randomly remembered my Beast, and pulled him out of a box and put him next to Fanchon. I had intended to do a BatB story with Isabeau, but she will probably be sold (Item #2) soon, so I don't want to get attached. Fanchon is a little taller than Beast, but so much smaller in every other way, they look okay together.

I was trying to decide today how long I have had Beast. His tag is ©1992, but I know I bought him a couple years after the movie came out. I remember buying him at Wal-mart all by myself, the very first thing I ever bought from Wal-mart. He was my beloved toy for a long time, but ended up being a chew toy for various dogs when I was too teenaged and distracted to care.

So when Nathan woke up bewildered at about 11 p.m. I was combing out the Beast's fur and assessing his possibilities.

I combed him a good deal this morning too. He was so gross you can't imagine. I made him a pair of trousers and am in the middle of making him a poet shirt now. I would like him and Fanchon to be more Victorian BatB than Baroque, particularly the early Victorian Pre-Raphaelite times.

Item #2. I talked it over with Nathan. I'm probably going to buy Ha Yarn Cho again. We're going to make a final decision in a couple of weeks though. I am nervous about what the verdict will be, but we need to do what is best for our home and family. This is a big decision. Before I didn't want to make a calculated "decision" about her and acted wildly. There is no doll I want other than her. I came to that realization this week. I felt something supernatural about her that lingered for a couple of days. Then I knew I would have to be rational to have her in my life again.

Otherwise, I am thrifty, thrifty, thrifty. I mean to shape my doll-dreams around what I have from now on. It seems like whenever I feel a lack of something I can think through my archives and come up with something. My dolls are very elastic things. They can become and re-become anything. Victorian/Barnabas is now Elton, Fanchon's younger brother, but who knows? Next he could become Dante Gabriel Rossetti, with Rose as Jane Morris and Fanchon as Elizabeth Siddall.

Anyway, I mean to have Josette back, or at least approach the issue with as much sensibleness as I can so that I can tell her in my dreams that I did my best for her.

I still have her special striped dress and all her wigs. I just can't let go of them.

Comments

Ariel Shelley said…
Oh my, THE Josette back again? I am excited for you at the prospect. I am sending all positive vibes and energy your way, that you can work this out and bring her home. Yesterday was World Doll Day, by the way, a day on which one is to gift another with a doll! How perfect that the possibility of Joesette's return was discussed on WDD! I know you are most deeply connected to her, so I really do want this for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.