Skip to main content

Yard sale

I am making a yard sale in Chantilly Lace right now. I am imagining clotheslines with pinned vintage clothing flapping in the breeze, and card tables covered with old tablecloths and scattered with my wares. I would love to make enough money from my sale to buy ... ?

I don't know quite what I want to buy, but I have had a serious craving for a new doll this weekend. It was enough to make me start making a sales page and putting everything on it, including my Dollmore Model things. I have decided I don't want another Dollmore Model. There is a lot to be said for deciding something like that for myself, and I feel peace and certainty about it.

I have to write about this as I do it. It's so hard. I fell out of love with Josette, but as I see these pictures of Ophelia I can feel her spirit. She was a lot like my mom's cat Bella. I sensed she didn't care much about me one way or the other. She was her own self-contained person. But she loved that camouflage outfit so much. If dolls have souls and feelings, well, I can guarantee you Ophelia loved wearing that outfit. I did so many photo shoots of her in that dress.

At the same time, I don't feel bitter about letting it, or any of this go. As I see these pictures I can smell the fresh air of River Legacy Park. I remember hiking through the fields looking for this locale along a barbed wire fence. All I feel right now is that I hope someone else enjoys these clothes as much as I did.

I have never grieved or thought much about Ophelia and Shelley until now. They were so self-contained, beautiful objects that never became much more than that for me. However I reflect on my past with them and feel so many good things. There's no bitterness there.

Comments

Ariel Shelley said…
Amanda, it seems you have turned the corner, moved forward, and ready to begin a new chapter in your life. How wonderful! You are not the same person you were a year ago when you got rid of the dolls, so it's fine that you are ready for new dolls and new experiences. Sometimes trying to recreate the past, what once was, leads to more pain and suffering--because nothing can be exactly as it once was. Much luck with your sales! BTW, would any of the clothes or items work for a 16" fashion doll like Tyler or Ellowyne?? Let me know, and I'll look at what you have for sale! Have fun searching for a new doll! How exciting!

On another note, did you get my last e-mail in response to yours (a couple of weeks ago or so)? It was rather lengthy! I hope it didn't bore you. ;-) I have a couple of other things to send you. Should I do so this week or wait until after July 8? Just let me know!

Sheilah
Amanda said…
Sheilah,

No, I did not receive your email! I would be far from bored to receive an email from you. Could you send it again? I was trying to decide whether I should email you and ask if you had gotten mine, etc. If you want to send me anything else, please do! I will be moving loooong after that, it turns out, more like Sept.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my doll stuff. It's amazing how I got over it all of a sudden, but I'm not going to question it. Unfortunately my stuff would not fit Ellowyne as she is thinner than a mini dollfie, but I would let you know if I put up any 16" fashion things-- though I will be likely to keep those things for Fanny now. :)

Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.