Skip to main content

Sandra Bilotto's bride doll, "Spring Promise," from "She Walks in Beauty" collection, Ashton Drake Galleries

View my eBay listing here.

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 002 (299x400)

"Spring Promise," a 21" porcelain doll sculpted by artist Sandra Bilotto, was released from the Ashton Drake Galleries in 1997. The edition for this doll ended in 2000.

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 012 (299x400)

"Spring Promise" has a porcelain head, hands, legs and bosom with a firmly-stuffed cloth body, synthetic wig in original styling, and comes with her original bouquet, veil, stand and Certificate of Authenticity. Her original box from the Ashton Drake Galleries is not available.

"Spring Promise" has been in my collection since my mother purchased her in 1997 from Ashton Drake. She has been carefully posed and displayed intermittently for the past 12 years in a non-smoking home. I have pet cats and birds, but they have only been in the general vicinity of this doll.

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 004 (282x400)

Sandra Bilotto is a talented doll artist who approaches her dolls as living beings. Her dolls have unique, life-like features and speaking eyes. "Spring Promise" has a unique Nordic beauty, with clear blue eyes, flaxen hair and natural makeup. Her veil has a unique lace-covered crown that attaches at the base of her head beneath her loose gathering of curls.

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 006 (266x400)

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 008 (275x400)

Sandra Bilotto creates a story for each of her dolls. This story is included in the booklet provided with "Spring Promise's" Certificate of Authenticity:

"It was a whirlwind courtship, and hectic schedules made it sometimes difficult to blend agendas. But true love overcame all obstacles, culminating in a spectacular spring wedding. Today, as the bride takes that first step down a carpeted aisle, her tulle covered organza skirt softly whispers promises for a glorious future. The fitted, lace-covered bodice falls into an exquisite basque waist, while a tip-of-the-shoulder neckline barely hides her emotion-filled heart. In her hand she holds a glorious spring bouquet overflowing with color. For this special day she wears her hair in cascading curls, artfully arranged around a lace covered crown and resting on a chapel length veil. Like the blossoms awakening beneath a warming sun, the spring bride welcomes her wedding day as yet another beginning."

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 005 (300x400) 

"Spring Promise's" bouquet is an artfully-wrought collection of ribbon-crafted flowers gathered in a tulle-wrapped base. The colors suggest tender roses, hyacinth, daffodils and crocuses; gorgeous and fragrant flowers of spring.

Spring Promise 2009-09-19 007 (242x400)

"Spring Promise" will be mailed through USPS, packed carefully in white fleece in an oblong box with all items mentioned. Shipping will be with delivery confirmation and insurance where available. I will not submit a partial refund for this doll under any conditions. Any damage incurred during shipment must be settled with the USPS.

Spring Promise COA 2009-09-19 002 (400x294)

I will be listing the other three dolls from the "She Walks in Beauty" collection as well as other dolls by Sandra Bilotto , other bridal dolls from the Ashton Drake Galleries, and the exquisite Faberge brides from the Franklin Mint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.