Skip to main content

Loving Barbie

This is turning into Barbie summer for me. After work I rushed home to work on the girls again. I love having them in the drawers. It is so convenient to be able to put them away and file them according to condition.

Courtney is my sacrifice doll. It's cold, but I really should not have any dolls more recent than 1988 anyway. I spent all afternoon researching the blotches on the legs. There were no good answers. I did see a photo of someone restoring Loving You Barbie mentioning that problem. It seems like maybe this was more a problem for mid- to late-eighties dolls, because my earlier dolls have no signs of it, and their legs look like a different vinyl than the newer.

Well, tonight Courtney is outside in a box. Tomorrow the sun will bleach her legs, and hopefully I'll be able to tell if I should continue.

I also organized based on what dolls I'm willing to sacrifice for others. Some, like Sensations and Rockers I NEED. And All American Barbie I don't jive with at all.

Some have white blotches, which don't seem treatable, but some have turned darker green and blue, and it seems like the benzoyl peroxide might help.

I will see, but mostly I just love my dolls and want to save as many as I can and make them pretty and pampered...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.