Skip to main content

Summer doll

Who is the summer doll going to be???

The new addition to my endless-summer world? This has been a tradition since I started collecting dolls in junior high school, though I have let it fall by the wayside, **not** purchasing a summer doll for some years, and purchasing **more** than one on others.

What is a summer doll??

She or he is a new doll, an expensive doll, a pretty piece, a plaything that makes me feel a little weak from its beauty, something that gives me that special sense of deliciousness that only a beautiful new doll can do.

When I first started my collection, there was not eBay, and I had not really discovered the world of vintage dolls (my childhood was just over, and I felt no need to collect play dolls). My prizes were expensive, exquisite porcelain dolls, and later, the unparalleled resin ball-jointed dolls. Throughout every year I purchase many dolls, but they are used/old/fixer-upper, in varying degrees. They are not the same as the exquisite doll that comes in a box, her limbs carefully styrafoamed and tied neatly with little bows, not a hair out of place on her lovely head, no face paint to retouch, no garments to replace.

Summer is when my creativity and madness come to full tilt, and my every sense is alive to beauty and experience. No time is more wonderful for me to receive a new doll. And **look** at the day, why, it will be summer soon!! Hmm.

Who do I think about all the time? Who do I dream of? Who do I desire, and feel guilty about it?? Hmm. More than one, ha ha. But I think I know who my exquisite summer doll will be already. I have to ask myself only one question: what would I later regret not experiencing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fanchon

I can't believe it. It looks like the rusted gates to The Garden of Virtues are going to be laboriously parted by small articulated resin hands after all once more. I am glad that I am buying Lanie's Angel, but I am also a little sad. I remember disposing of Dresden along with my other dolls. I was in a vicious rage. I hesitated over Dresden's prone form, thinking, goodness, even I don't think of her as a BJD, is this really necessary? And then, blindly, cutting the strings. I can't believe I am actually talking about this now. I have not talked about it before. I regretted losing her afterward, because I did not really need to part with her. She was a sweet, special presence, a little woman. I have kept all of her eyes, wigs and clothes. Of course I will never forget the moments in which I divested all of my BJD's of their clothing, wigs and eyes. The other day Henry came around with a little velcro he had found and I grew faint, knowing that it had come fro

Paper doll copying, digital editing project

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips

1 bjd pic daily - Fish n' Chips , originally uploaded by blacsylc . This is Leslie's pal Fish n' Chips. As I clear out space Leslie's room is starting to take shape. I am so excited. I have been carrying around ideas for his room for a while.